Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Update #2

I spent the past couple weeks continuing to try and build our following, but it's nice to get a social media presence of some sort, because it makes other jobs easier too. For example, all of our campus quotes for this week will come either via our Facebook or Twitter accounts. People seem to be enjoying the ease with which they can submit, and hopefully we can get that to spread somewhat.

We've also been retweeted a few times by the various NWC Twitter accounts around campus. One thing we may want to do (and I plan to try in the next couple weeks) is tagging those accounts in our tweets hoping they will retweet us so we can continue to reach out to people who would potentially be interested in following us. So, for example, a tweet might read:
We bid farewell to Japanese students visiting @NWCIowa. By @PriyankaFernando. (link goes here)
NWC has roughly 1,000 Twitter followers, so retweets from them would be likely to gain us some followers as well.

I haven't had a chance to examine the archives yet, but I will probably start doing that next week (since this week I will be putting my page together on Wednesday).

No comments:

Post a Comment